Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Lack of Japan?

So my blog is titled "Under the Sakura Tree" yet I have failed to add anything to do with Japan on here. I thought I should remedy this with a nice simple post.

Japan is an amazing country. I'm hoping using this blog I can enlighten people who may not be interested or know much about Japan and share what I find so fascinating about it all. This is the first of many as to the different aspects of Japan I think people should experience.



So my first post is going to be about what my blog shares the title of. Sakura Trees or Cherry Blossoms. During the Spring months of Japan, there is a slow moving wave of pink that begins in the south of Japan and slowly creeps upto the north of Japan. That is the blossoms coming into bloom. During this time the Japanese gather under these trees for a merry get together and a drink, festivals celebrating them happen and couple remember how much they love each other.

Below is a photo I found to show how beautiful these trees really are.


If you are interested in Japanese Sakura viewing then please search the term "Hanami". This is Japanese for Sakura viewing. I hope this spring to add my own memories of such an event and to share them with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment